- Serves 10
- Prep time (mins) 10
- Cook time (mins) 25
Green Vegetable Pesto Pasta
For the Pesto Sauce (makes 500ml)
2 Garlic Cloves, peeled
100g Broccoli, chopped roughly
60g Fresh Spinach
60g Fresh Basil, leaves and stalks
100g Silken Tofu
200ml Olive oil
1 Tsp Bouillon or Stock Powder
For the Pasta
500g Pasta, Penne or Fusilli
Water for boiling as per packet instructions
100g Grated Cheese for serving
- Steam or boil the broccoli for 2 to 3 minutes. The broccoli should be firm but not raw. Drain the broccoli and allow to cool while you gather the other ingredients.
- Place the olive oil in a jug and stir in the bouillon or stock powder.
- Place the broccoli, spinach, basil, garlic and tofu in a food processor using the chopping blade.
- Turn the food processor to a medium speed and gradually add the oil until it is fully incorporated.
- Continue to allow the mixture to mix in the food processor for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Decant the mixture into jars. This will keep for up to 3 days. It is great with pasta, chicken, salmon or even as a dressing for salads.
- Boil the pasta as per the packet instructions.
- Once cooked, drain and return back to the pan and keep off the heat.
- Stir in 150g of the vegetable pesto until all the pasta is coated with the sauce.
- Serve with grated cheese or Garlic bread.
Nutritional Information per 100g
- Prepare additional vegetables to make a puree for weaning diets.
- For Wheat-free diets: use wheat free pasta.
- For Egg-free diets: use Buitoni or Asda own-brand pasta.
- For Soya-free diets- Do not use Tofu.