- Serves 10
- Prep time (mins) 15
- Cook time (mins) 20
2 Tbsp Oil (unsaturated)
1 Leek, washed and sliced
2 Celery Sticks, washed and chopped
1 Red Pepper, deseeded and chopped
200g Baby Spinach, washed and chopped
100g Cheddar Cheese, grated
- Put the oil in a large frying pan and heat. Add the leek, celery and red pepper and cook until softened (approx 5 minutes.)
- Add the spinach and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with a little black pepper. Pour the eggs over the vegetables.
- Cook over a medium heat until the base begins to set. Sprinkle on the grated cheese and place under the grill or in the oven until the cheese melts and the frittata is set.
- Serve with baked beans and/or crusty bread.
Nutritional Information per 100g
- For Puree diets: make a spinach and leek puree
- For wheat-free diets: serve with wheat-free bread
- For dairy-free diets: use dairy free spread and Soya cheese